The Store Manager is responsible for every aspect of the day-to-day operations and supervision of the store, including sales, service, inventory management, recruitment and staffing. Store Managers motivate and inspire their team, including Assistant Managers, Supervisors, Tasting Bar Coordinator, Vintage Room Sales Consultant, Sales Associates and Cashiers. The Store Manager is required to maintain a strong leadership presence, achieve targets on all company objectives, handle customer queries and complaints, as well as to ensure all staff are knowledgeable and providing exceptional service to customers. Store Managers are salaried positions requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week as well as some evening and weekend work.
- Achieve store financial objectives by planning, reviewing, and adhering to yearly financial budgets. This includes but is not limited to achieving top line sales targets, controlling/managing all expenses, analyzing all variances, identifying opportunities, taking preemptive and corrective action, achieving bottom line results.
- Regularly identify opportunities to expand customer base and increase store traffic.
- Achieve excellent ‘in-stock’ condition while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Oversee ordering and receiving procedures.
- Manage, control and reduce inventory shrink.
- Conduct regular cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Assess and adjust product mix to achieve sales and margin targets.
- Cash management.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through a culture of excellent service.
- Stay informed of customer needs and buying trends.
- Adhere to and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all liquor regulations and provincial health and safety legislation.
- Maintain industry leading store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Recruiting, training, orienting, supervising and appraising staff.
- Staff development, mentoring and succession planning, including formal development plans.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Oversee staff product and service training.
- Motivating staff to achieve sales and service goals.
- Oversee scheduling of employees to ensure appropriate coverage and exceptional levels of customer service.
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff and/or customers.
- Regularly communicate with Director of Retail Operations to discuss strengths, opportunities, action plans.
- Providing a strong leadership presence, leading by example in all aspects of personal conduct and follow through.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
An Everything Wine Store Manager possesses a strong business acumen, passion for wine, people and service excellence. They are a natural leader, strategic thinker, and constant communicator, with demonstrated proficiency in the following skillsets:
- 3–5 years’ retail store management experience managing minimum 20+ employees, $5 million annual sales income.
- Excellent IT and MS Office skills
- Numerical and Analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamworking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Prioritizing skills
- Customer management skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Decision Making skills
- Ability to influence and lead a team to action
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us which of our stores you are interested in.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.
No agents please.