The Store Supervisor is a key support role within Everything Wine, assisting the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations and supervision of the store. The Store Supervisor position has three main areas of focus including;
Inventory: the primary order writer, receiver and contact for the BCLDB
- Place and receive orders, manage Order Submissions, Non-Stocked Warehouse Reports and any issues that may arise with ordering, receiving or deliveries.
- Manage special Customer Orders, ordering product, identifying stock outs, assembling orders, contacting customers, arranging payment and delivery if applicable.
- Assist Store Manager and Assistant Manager in regular Inventory Cycle Counts.
- Manage inventory for events, samples, tastings, training to ensure all inventory is accounted for.
Merchandising: responsible for display product placement, signage, thematics, feature wall and shelf maintenance.
- Create store display space schematic, ensuring appropriate placement of all display items.
- Prepare all ad signage and ensure efficient and timely changeover from regular price, to feature, back to regular price signage for each ad.
- Manage all aspects of shelf and cooler maintenance, including product placement and rotation, cleanliness, and price tags.
- Manage seasonal and weekly thematics, including CFG’s, Wine of the Week, and any corporate marketing directives.
- Merchandising supplies ordering.
- Stay informed of customer needs and buying trends.
- Work with management team to help identify opportunities to expand customer base and increase store traffic.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through a culture of service excellence.
- Maintain industry leading store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all liquor regulations and provincial health and safety legislation.
Administration: responsible for payroll entry, period end accounting duties, HR filing, supply ordering, data entry and tracking.
- HR Employment Package set-up and filing.
- Payroll and other data entry.
- Sales and budget tracking and analysis.
- Provide cashier training and supervision.
- Ordering and tracking of packaging and operational supplies.
- Complete special projects for the Store Manager by organizing and coordinating resources, monitoring results.
As a member of the Supervisory team, they are required to open and close the store, handle any customer queries and complaints, as well as provide independent leadership and decision making whenever senior managers are not present. Supervisors lead by example in all aspects of their job, including but not limited to customer service, salesmanship, work ethic, initiative, teamwork, attendance and dress code. Supervisors positions require 40 hours per week, evening and weekend work.
- Assist the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in leading, directing and motivating staff to achieve sales and service objectives.
- Assistant the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in recruiting, training, orienting, supervising and appraising staff.
- Coaching, counseling and where applicable, disciplining employees.
- Deal with all issues that arrive from staff and/or customers in the absence of senior Management.
- Regularly communicate with Store Manager and Assistant manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and action plans of both store and staff.
- Provide a strong leadership presence, leading by example in all aspects of personal conduct and follow through.
An Everything Wine Store Supervisor possesses a strong work ethic, and a passion for wine, people and service excellence. They thrive under pressure, take initiative and have demonstrated proficiency in the following skillsets:
- 1–3 years’ retail and/or Supervisory experience
- Excellent IT and MS Office skills
- Numerical and Analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Prioritizing skills
- Customer management skills
- Excellent Time Management abilities
- Decision Making skills
- Ability to influence and lead a team to action
To apply, please email email@example.com and tell us which of our stores you are interested in working at.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.
No agents please.