Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager is to assist the Store Manager in motivating and inspiring their team to achieve store sales, productivity, service and inventory goals. Their direct reports include Supervisors, key positions such as Vintage Room Sales Consultant and Tasting Bar Coordinator, Sales Associates and Cashiers. By analyzing weekly, period and yearly data, the Assistant Store Manager will identify opportunities to increase sales, reduce costs and reduce inventory shrink. Assistant Store Managers assist in hiring, recruiting and on-boarding new staff, as well maximizing team efforts of existing staff to ensure a positive customer experience. Assistant Store Managers are salaried positions requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week as well as some evening and weekend work.
- Assist the Store Manager in achieving top line sales, controlling/managing expenses, analyzing all variances, identifying opportunities, taking preemptive and corrective action, and achieving bottom line results.
- Constantly assess store product mix, identify opportunities, and source new products to keep up to date with current trends.
- Achieve excellent ‘in-stock’ condition while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Oversee ordering and receiving procedures.
- Manage and control inventory shrink.
- Conduct regular cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Cash management.
- Write staff schedules, ensuring appropriate coverage and exceptional levels of customer service while staying within established budgets.
- Deal with all issues that arrive from staff and/or customers.
- Regularly identifies opportunities to expand customer base and increase store traffic.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through a culture of excellent service.
- Maintain industry leading store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all liquor regulations as well as provincial health and safety legislation.
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting, training, orienting, supervising and appraising staff.
- Assist Store Manager with staff development, mentoring and succession planning.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Oversee staff product and service training.
- Motivating staff to achieve sales and service goals.
- Regularly communicate with Store Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, action plans of both staff and store operations.
- Providing a strong leadership presence, leading by example in all aspects of personal conduct and follow through.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
An Everything Wine Assistant Store Manager possesses a strong business acumen, passion for wine, people and service excellence. They are a strategic thinker, constant communicator, with demonstrated proficiency in the following skillsets:
- 1–3 years of retail store management experience managing minimum 10+ employees
- Formal education and training is an asset
- Excellent IT and MS Office skills
- Numerical and Analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamworking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Prioritizing skills
- Customer management skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Decision Making skills
- Ability to influence and lead a team to action
To apply, please email email@example.com and tell us which store you are interested in working at.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.
No agents please.